Are you interested in adventure? Do you want to grow in Christ? Consider doing both in the mountains of Colorado. On July 14-24, 2017, the Westminster RPC, in Denver, CO, is hosting the Theological Foundations Backpacking trip for young men and women in high school and college. Our goalis to teach principles of Reformed faith and life within the context of a Rocky Mountain adventure. Are you interested?
Here is what you can expect:
- 2 Lord’s Days at Westminster RPC with instruction from the deacons and elders.
- 6 days and 5 nights of backpacking in the Indian Peaks Wilderness Area led by Rev. Shane Sapp and Pastor Sam McCracken.
- Instruction in the Reformed faith by Rev. David Reese, Rev. Jason Ryce, and Rev. Shane Sapp.
- Exhilarating adventure, discipleship, and great Christian fellowship.
- Check out the curriculum for the TFB. Click here.
Dates: July 14-24, 2017
Location: Westminster RPC in Denver, Co.
Who is eligible to apply: Young men and women in High School or College. We are preparing for a safe and appropriate coed trip.
Cost: $285. The fee will include food and lodging in Westminster, CO, and it will also include food, gas, and miscellaneous supplies in the backcountry.
Application: The application process can be found here.
Equipment: Each person will need a backpack, sleeping bag, ground pad, hiking boots, cooking/eating utensils, and appropriate wilderness clothing. Every two or three people will carry a tent. If you don’t have backpacking equipment available, do not let that keep you from attending. We have some equipment available to loan. The complete personal equipment list can be downloaded here.
Westminster Reformed Presbyterian Church is an equal opportunity service provider and employer.
Westminster Reformed Presbyterian Church operates under a temporary use permit from the USDA Forest Service, Arapahoe National Forest.