The Theological Foundations Backpacking Trip shares the vision and purpose of the RPCNA’s TFY and TFW programs. So, this trip will include both adventure and intensive theological studies. We have developed the curriculum to help the students solidify their commitment to the RPCNA doctrinal distinctive principles. We also have planned opportunities to explore the practical implications of our Reformed faith to our daily lives and to our relationship to the Church. So, here is what we have planned.
Friday, July 6
- Arrive at Westminster RPC in Denver, CO. ATTENTION: All students must arrive by Friday evening, July 6, 2018.
Saturday, July 7
- 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Backpacking Preparation: Wilderness Ethics Class, Division into teams and instruction on setting up group equipment, and Personal equipment review and instruction on packing
- Lunch at 12:00 p.m.
- Theology Classes
- Supper, Psalm sing, and Ice cream
Lord’s Day, July 8
- Morning Worship
- Evening worship
- Christian Principles of Finance: Elder John Duke will teach a 2-hour session on Biblical principles of finance.
- Importance of Serving in the Church, Opportunities to Serve, and Thinking Ahead: A Deacon’s Perspective: The Westminster RPC Deacons will lead a 1-hour session and discussion with the students
Theology Classes: Reformed Theology 101 and RP Theology 101
- Theology Classes will be taught by Rev. Joseph Friedly, Rev. Sam McCracken, Rev. Jason Ryce and Rev. Shane Sapp are planning to join us for 6 hours of intense teaching.
- July 7: Our instructors will cover
- Sola Scripture
- The Regulative Principle of Worship
- Means of Grace: Word and Sacrament
- July 9: Our instructors will cover
- The Christian Sabbath
- The Doctrine of the Church
- The Doctrine of Christ
Midweek Devotions (July 9-14):
- Rev. Shane Sapp and Sam McCracken will lead discussions about the lectures on RT101 and RP101.
Lord’s Day, July 15
- Morning worship
- Importance of Serving in the Church, Opportunities to Serve, and Thinking Ahead: An Elder’s Perspective. The Westminster RPC ruling elders will lead a 1-hour session for the students.
- Evening Worship
- Evening Fellowship Meal & Q/A: After evening worship, we will take time to ask the students about their experiences on the trip, and we will end with a time of prayer.
MONDAY, July 16
- Travel home!