We currently have our Sabbath School classes broken down into three groups. Each year, we assess the age demographics of the congregation and adjust the classes that we offer.
- Adults: Our Adult classes cover a variety of subjects each year. Our short term goal is to teach through the first five books of the OT by 2014. Each year, we plan to split the course between biblical and doctrinal studies and practical theology.
- We have begun the 2011-2012 class with a video series, which features R. C. Sproul. The series is entitled The Promise Keeper: God of the Covenants. Elders John Duke and Bill Van Sciver lead a discussion on each video. We will study this subject through December 2011.
- In 2009-2010, we studied the book of Genesis and the subject of Biblical Medical Ethics.
- In 2010-2011, we studied the book of Exodus and a book by Sinclair Ferguson entitled Discovering God’s Will.
- You can find the material for our studies of Genesis and Exodus by clicking here.
- Children: In regard to our children, we believe that raising our children in the discipline and instruction of the Lord (Eph 6:4) is a primary duty of the parents and that the church should assist and come along side them in the performance of this duty according the Great Commission (Matt 28:18-20). We desire that all of our children will come to a realization of their own sin and their need for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, and that they will make a real and earnest profession of faith in Christ, accompanied by a heartfelt desire to walk by the Spirit and live lives of holiness. To that end, we have classes for our children. We use the Great Commission Publication (GCP) curriculum for each age group. We appreciate the GCP material because it is consistent with our confession of faith and it emphasizes catechism and Scripture memory.